Staying Safe with Packaged Food
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be carried on food, but take precautions.
1. Stay 1m+ away from the person giving the food to you.
2. Wash your hands before and after handling money.
3. Prepare your cutlery, plate, dishes etc. Soap is a good anti-viral disinfectant.
4. Open the outer packaging. Remove the inner package containing the food.
5. Discard the outer packaging directly into a bin. Wash your hands.
6. Remove the inner wrapping. Extract the food with a clean spoon etc.
7. If possible, reheat the food in a microwave or oven for a few minutes. Wash hands before eating.
8. Eat with fork/knife etc, and do not use fingers.
(Source: BBC News)